If you’ve found yourself dealing with crow’s feet or fine lines around the eyes, using an eye serum can potentially make a big difference in your appearance. Here’s the thing; many people don’t realize it but the skin around our eyes is actually about 80% thinner than the skin on the rest of our body. And when you add to that the stress of our daily lives, pollution and late nights at the office (or bar), it’s no wonder that the eyes are the first place where we notice fine lines and wrinkles! Dark, puffy circles and bags under eyes can make you feel less attractive and make you appear older than you really are. Luckily, there are options out there for you to fix these problems without having to visit a cosmetic surgeon. One such option involves incorporating the best eye serum for your skin type into your daily skin care regimen.
What Do Eye Serums Do?
A serum actually does a number of things, depending on the exact brand and manufacturer. An under eye serum is meant to address some of the following problems:
- Reduce the appearance of under eye circles
- Reduce puffiness beneath the eyes
- Restore the elasticity to the skin around the eyes
- Minimize wrinkles, crow’s feet and fine lines around the eyes
- Enhance the firmness and tone of the skin
- Promote a healthier, younger-looking appearance
Primary Ingredients in a Typical Eye Serum
While there are several different active ingredients in an under eye serum, there are three that are pretty common amongst most. These include:
- Retinol (Vitamin A) – This ingredient aims to fight wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen in the skin and by increasing the cell turnover, so that fine lines are hidden when new skin cells grow.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This ingredient is included in eye serums to help draw in and soak up air moisture. This helps give a younger appearance to skin around the eyes by plumping it up, and causing the wrinkles and lines to flatten, thus leaving them less noticeable.
- Neuropeptides – These are simple proteins that also stimulate the production of collagen assisting in the filling of fine lines and wrinkles. In fact, neuropeptides are known to assist in the repair of even the deepest wrinkles and lines around the eyes.
Why Choose a Serum over an Eye Cream
There are numerous benefits to using an under eye serum, beyond the discussion in the previous paragraphs about what a serum can do. Here’s a brief look at the main benefits of eye serums, aside from those listed above:
- Eye serums are more fluid and lighter than an eye cream.
- Serums absorb into the skin more easily.
- Eye serums do not tend to leave a greasy, soapy residue behind.
- Serums are less likely to make their way into the eye, which would cause irritation.
How Soon Do You See Results with an Eye Serum?
Typically, if you have chosen the best eye serum for your skin type and you use it regularly, you should notice a difference around the eyes within a few weeks. Your dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles should start becoming less and less noticeable over time.
If you’re looking to stay away from the knife or the needle, but would like to do something about your under eye wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness, then finding a good eye serum that targets your exact problem can be your needle-free solution.
Take a look at the best face serums for 2017.
The Best Products