Who doesn’t want great skin? That was a rhetorical question because we all know the answer. The ability to wake up every morning loving the skin you’re in is an amazing feeling, one that everyone longs to reach. While there may be concerns that some people deal with or stubborn issues you’ve been managing all your life, there are still some skin care tips that can help you get on the path to the skin of your dreams. Here are 15 that you can start to follow today.
- As cliche as it may sound, if you want great skin, you need to ensure you’re getting the proper amount of sleep each night. When you get a full night’s rest you’re allowing your skin to repair, prevent dark circles, and even strengthen itself with the production of HCH, a growth hormone that is only produced while sleeping. Get your beauty sleep if you want great skin.
- Clean skin, starts from within. That’s not just a catchy phrase that sounds good. It’s true! Eating the right foods and getting the proper amount of water each day is an easy path to better looking skin. Here’s a bonus skin care tip: eat foods rich in vitamin C for brightening and rich in protein for strengthening.
- Always wear sunscreen. This skin care tip should be common knowledge but there are so many people exposing their bare skin to the sun on a daily basis that we had to list it. Sun is the number one cause of premature aging in skin as well as a host of other skin conditions. It doesn’t matter what age you are, what skin type you have, or your complexion, always wear sunscreen!
- Never go to sleep with makeup on. This is one skin care tip that women are going to ignore at some point in their life. It’s inevitable. And while once or twice isn’t the end of the world, you do not want to make this a habit. Leaving makeup on overnight can clog pores, which can lead to breakouts. Bonus skin care tip: Leave makeup remover wipes on your nightstand, that way even if it’s not a full routine, you’re still getting that makeup off your face.
- Check your kitchen for some really good skin care products. You might have noticed that DIY beauty was all the rage so of course this skin care tip would be added. But, it’s true. There are some really great two or three ingredients facial scrubs or masks that can really transform your skin. All with ingredients you probably have in your cupboard.
- Don’t forget your lips! We could scream this skin care tip from the rooftops. It’s that important but so often overlooked. The skin on your lips is skin too and needs some TLC from time to time as well. There are times when a lip balm or Blistex just isn’t enough. Treat your lips to a nice exfoliating lip scrub once in awhile to remove dead skin cells. Your lips will feel much softer afterward.
- This skin care tip is for anyone really but it’s especially vital for those with sensitive skin. Become a product label reader. So many times people get roped into buying the wrong products for their skin type because the title is misleading. If you want to be sure something will work for you, you’ll get familiar with the different kinds of skincare ingredients and you’ll flip over every product to make sure the ingredients will jive with your skin.
- We owe this skin care tip to the Korean beauty experts. Try double cleansing your skin for optimal cleaning. This is particularly useful if you wear a lot of makeup or are very active. With double cleansing, you’re making sure you’re getting every trace of dirt and impurity with nothing left behind.
- Whenever possible, always opt for fragrance free. This skin care tip is for everyone even though it’s a downright requirement if you have sensitive skin. Fragrance is a known skin irritant so if you can find a product that is fragrance free, you’ll want to jump on it quick.
- Stop smoking. Amongst the list of reasons to quit smoking is one that directly affects the condition of your skin. Did you know that cigarette smoke has been proven to break down collagen? This is one of the essential proteins that make up your skin. I’m sure you have bigger reasons to stop smoking than this but it’s definitely an added bonus!
- Use a humidifier to keep skin hydrated. This is a great skin care tip for those with extremely dry skin or those with normal skin in the winter. A humidifier adds moisture to the air which in turn can help add moisture to your skin. In the cooler months, when your home is using drying forced heat, a humidifier is the perfect solution to keep skin refreshed and hydrated.
- Skin care enthusiasts will rejoice at this next skin care tip. Sometimes you just gotta treat yourself to a nice facial. When you’re skin is overly stressed or you’re dealing with breakouts or blemishes for no apparent reason, it may just be time to visit a professional and get the real deal. Not to mention, it’s always nice to be pampered for a day.
- Don’t forget the eyes! Just like the lips, your poor eyes don’t seem to get nearly the amount of attention they deserve. Did you know that eyes are the most sensitive area of your face and are the first to show signs of age? This seems like a pretty good reason to take good care of them. Incorporate a good eye cream or eye mask into your routine to ensure your eyes stay youthful for as long as possible.
- Carry antibacterial wipes with you to wipe down your phone. The dreaded phone breakout is a real thing. When you’re running around all day with your phone smooshed on the side of your face it can become layered with makeup, oils, and other dirt. You then continue to put that same phone on freshly washed skin and repeat it all the next day. Not cool.
- Speaking of makeup, make sure you’re checking your products for expiration dates and getting rid of things accordingly. When you keep expired makeup you’re setting yourself for all types of skin care issues down the road. Bonus skin care tip: Wash your makeup brushes too! What good is it throwing out your expired products if you have leftover residue on your brushes!
Recommendation Discover beautiful, flawless skin with Advanced Dermatology. Take advantage of Advanced Dermatology’s Special Introductory Offer. Receive $200 worth of products for $59.95. Visit their website to see if the offer is still available. Find Out More