With hydration being so vital to healthy skin, products like REN Flash Hydro-Boost can look like a miracle solution. This product was developed by the British company, REN Clean Skincare, which claims to create personal care products without harsh ingredients. In fact, the “REN” in the manufacturer’s name stands for “clean” or “pure” in Swedish. However, it’s important to note that REN Flash Hydro-Boost and other products in the company’s lineup are not necessarily organic. Further, just because a company doesn’t use synthetic ingredients, that doesn’t mean that the products are completely safe, as allergic reactions are still possible. Therefore, it’s important to speak to a dermatologist and read REN Flash Hydro-Boost reviews to ensure that this product is right for you.
How REN Flash Hydro-Boost Works
The primary goal behind REN Flash Hydro-Boost is to moisturize the skin. The secondary aspect of this product is to use the hydration for a plumping effect. This is a very common idea even in advanced skin care applications; like the use of hyaluronic acid fillers to achieve greater volume and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. However, the creators of REN Flash Hydro-Boost aim to boost volume simply through topical application. To better understand how this REN moisturizer works, let’s take a closer look at some of the ingredients in the formulation.
REN Flash Hydro-Boost Ingredients
Please keep in mind that this REN Flash Hydro-Boost ingredient overview covers only some of the chemicals in the formulation. To avoid an adverse reaction, the entire ingredient label should be discussed with your dermatologist.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This REN Flash Hydro-Boost ingredient is extremely common in skin care applications and is used in a wide range of creams, serums, and even professional skin care procedures. There are two main reasons why hyaluronic acid is so popular; the fact that it can attract and hold up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture, and low instances of side effects due to its natural presence in the human body.
- Ceramides: This chemical is also present naturally in the human body and helps reinforce the moisture barrier. However, ceramides levels become depleted as we age. By adding it into the formulation, REN Flash Hydro-Boost aims to restore the natural barrier and reduce moisture loss.
- Xylitol: Though REN Flash Hydro-Boost ingredient has many applications, including use in the food industry. When used for skin care, however, xylitol can reduce moisture loss.
- Arginine: The goal behind including arginine in skin care applications is to stimulate skin healing and damage repair. Although this may not have a direct effect on moisture levels, helping the skin heal does strengthen the protective barrier, which can reduce moisture loss.
- Vitamin E: As an antioxidant, vitamin E is valued in skin care applications due to its ability to address skin care damage.
- Shea Butter: This REN Flash Hydro-Boost ingredient is commonly used in face creams and lip balms due to its ability to reinforce the skin’s protective barrier. This doesn’t just help boost moisture levels but reduces permeation by harmful bacteria and pathogens that can cause inflammation.
REN Flash Hydro-Boost Side Effects
Although the manufacturer’s goal is to create products without what the company calls “nasties” (synthetic chemicals that can hurt the skin), consumers may still experience an adverse reaction to some of the ingredients in the formulation. For example, individuals with plant-based allergies may experience side effects from some of the botanical extracts in REN Flash Hydro-Boost.
Where to Buy REN Flash Hydro-Boost
REN Flash Hydro-Boost can be purchased directly from the manufacturer’s website, or through a number of online retailers, like Birchbox. Additionally, consumers can find the products at many brick-and-mortar stores, including Sephora, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdale’s.
The cost of REN Flash Hydro-Boost can vary, depending on the retailer, but tends to hover around $42 for 1.3 ounces.
REN Flash Hydro-Boost Reviews
Reviews for REN Flash Hydro-Boost are generally positive. When it comes to negative feedback, the main concern seems to be about the effectiveness of the product. For example, some suggested that the cream may not be very moisturizing, while others expressed frustration that this REN cream dried out their skin even more.
It’s important to note, however, that some of the bad REN Flash Hydro-Boost reviews may be due to improper use of the product. For best results, the manufacturer suggests applying it to the skin, then wetting the fingertips a little with moisture and rubbing the skin until full absorption. This extra step is likely to help the hyaluronic acid in the formula pull in more moisture from the wet fingertips in order to achieve more of a plumping effect. However, this step may be confusing to some consumers and they may use too much water, or may not massage the skin correctly. Therefore, it may be a good idea to stop by a cosmetics counter at a store like Sephora to get guidance on how to use REN Flash Hydro-Boost correctly.