With natural skin care receiving lots of media attention in the last decade, brands like Nature Republic have become quite popular with consumers. Founded in 2009, this Korean skin care company focuses on creating products using natural ingredients like aloe vera and argan oil. This concept is quite interesting, and many skin care companies have latched onto the idea of creating all-natural skin care lines. However, some skin experts point out that natural formulations, like those of Nature Republic, are not necessarily the safest option. For example, it’s certainly great to have all natural milk in your refrigerator, but some processing (like pasteurization) is important to make it safer for consumption. In the same way, products from brands like Nature Republic can still be dangerous by eliciting allergic reactions and inflammation. In other cases, natural skin products may simply not be strong enough for some skin issues, like cystic acne, deep wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
Nature Republic Ingredients
To better understand how Nature Republic products work, it’s important to take a look at some of the most prevalent ingredients inside the formulations:
- Aloe Vera: This Nature Republic ingredient is a common addition to many skin care products and has been used for hundreds of years to moisturize and soothe the skin. Although aloe vera may not stimulate collagen or reduce hyperpigmentation, it can be a powerful addition to any skin care routine because of its potential ability to reduce inflammation, which is associated with early onset of skin aging.
- Argan Oil: Another ingredient contained in many Nature Republic formulations is argan oil. This ingredient is prized for its ability to moisturize the skin and repair skin damage. The damage-repair properties come from argan oil’s high content of vitamin E, which is well known for its antioxidant properties.
- Shea Butter: This Nature Republic ingredient is also commonly used in skin care and cosmetic products. It is valued for its high content of lipids, which help moisturize the skin and form a protective barrier against environmental damage. Additionally, shea butter absorbs quickly into the skin, which prevents the ingredient from being accidentally rubbed off, and allows it to work longer. Further, shea butter is typically high in antioxidant content and helps encourage healing.
- Marine Collagen: One of the main reasons for the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines is the weakening of the collagen structures under the skin. Through marine collagen, some Nature Republic products seek to boost the content of collagen and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. However, some skin care experts argue that topically-applied collagen cannot penetrate deep-enough into the skin to be effective. Therefore, many consumers interested in boosting collagen content have turned to consumption of collagen supplements or dermal fillers like Bellafill (aka Artefill), which use PMMA molecules and bovine collagen to rebuild the skin’s support network.
Please keep in mind that these are just some of the ingredients that may appear in Nature Republic products. For a complete overview, please review the ingredients in the specific products you are considering, with your dermatologist.
Nature Republic Products
Although some of the key ingredients may be very similar throughout many Nature Republic products, the company does offer a wide selection of product types for different skin concerns. Some of the items offered in Nature Republic’s skin care line include toners, moisturizers, eye creams, serums, and much more. Let’s consider some of these items in more detail:
- Bee Venom Spot Treatment: This product is made with bee venom, which is an ingredient that has been getting quite a bit of attention recently due to its potential to stimulate collagen. The venom stimulates the body’s natural repair processes, which can result in the growth of additional collagen. Interestingly, Nature Republic suggests that this product was created for treating acne, and that the venom may help regulate sebum production.
- Fresh Green Tea 80 Cream: This Nature Republic product was formulated with green tea. The benefits of the tea are derived from the high concentration of antioxidants, which can promote skin damage repair.
Nature Republic Reviews
The reviews for Nature Republic products tend to vary greatly, depending on the specific item being considered. For example, reviews for the aloe vera creams are typically positive, with few consumers leaving negative feedback. This is likely due to the fact that aloe vera is a ubiquitous ingredient in skin care and few individuals have a bad reaction to it.
By comparison, the Bee Venom Spot Treatment has more negative reviews, with some individuals claiming they saw more acne breakouts after treatment. Such negative Nature Republic reviews are understandable, because bee venom is more of a specialty ingredient that may cause some consumers to experience an allergic reaction.
Where to Buy Nature Republic Products
The manufacturer’s products are widely distributed through online ecommerce platforms like Amazon and eBay, as well as through the company’s own website. In addition, Nature Republic products can be purchased through the company’s retail locations.