How to Improve Crepey Skin
Crepey Skin on face? Crepey Skin on arms? Crepey neck skin? Are you looking for a cream for crepey skin? Most people know crepey skin when they see it. It doesn’t just refer to the deep wrinkles that emerge with age. Crepey skin on face looks very similar to the skin on your elbows. There are three main reasons why crepey skin forms. First, as the body slows down the production of elastin and collagen, the proteins that allow skin to stretch and contract, the skin begins to sag and wrinkle. For some people, aging skin manifests itself in deep lines and facial wrinkles. For others, smaller, more prolific, wrinkles will appear primarily on the face, neck, and hands, giving the skin a crepey appearance.
Once crepey skin occurs, things gets worse quickly without intervention. If you want to turn back crepey skin, we recommend taking a look at Advanced Dermatology. This is an excellent topical skin care line that will not only target crepey skin, but all visible signs of aging.
Another factor to crepey skin is the moisture that skin retains. With age, skin will begin to feel drier because the body will stop producing as many new skin cells as it once did. That means that the skin will also slow down the production of the oils that are designed to rid the body of dead cells and pathogens. The reduction of these oils can cause the skin to have more wrinkles, resulting in crepey skin.
Finally, the loss of fat may be a cause of crepey skin. Because the skin gets thinner and does not have a sufficient fatty layer underneath it, tiny wrinkles may begin to form.
Can Crepey Skin Be Improved?
To improve crepey skin on face, you have to address all of the factors behind the change in skin texture. Firstly, it is important to help the body naturally replace the depleted supplies of collagen and elastin. Many treatments exist to rebuild these proteins:
- Skin care treatments– peptide creams or hyaluronic acid creams can help to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin by making the cells reproduce more quickly.
- Mesotherapy– this treatment injects a mixture of vitamins, amino acids, and other ingredients designed to stimulate the body’s production of collagen and elastin.
- Laser treatments-CO2 laser treatments send a beam deep into the layers of the skin. The laser irritates the lower layers, and, as the body attempts to heal itself, it begins to increase production of collagen.
Dry skin on face and arms is a very common problem with aging skin. Many people like to stick with the same beauty regimen they did in their 20’s, but aging skin requires changing your products to match your new needs. To improve dry skin there are some important treatments to consider:
- Moisturizer– the best moisturizers for dry, aging skin contain retinoids. Retinol is a form of Vitamin A and is known to moisturize skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion– one way to improve dry skin resulting from aging is with microdermabrasion. The upper layers of the skin are scrubbed with a small metal brush, causing the skin to produce new, healthier layers of cells. It is especially effective with crepey skin because the wrinkles are more prominent on the upper layers of skin.
The loss of fat is usually something that would make a person happy, but when it comes as a result of advanced age, it can make the skin sag and look more wrinkled. The good news is that there are treatments available that can reduce the signs of fat loss under skin:
- Dermal fillers– these fillers inject collagen or hyaluronic acid into the lower layers of the skin, causing it to naturally replace the collagen that the body is missing. The result is a plumper skin texture.
Your doctor can help you treat all of the signs of aging that lead to fine lines and wrinkles. The best way to improve the look of crepey skin on face is to talk to your dermatologist.
– Use Advanced Dermatology’s skin care regimen Our top recommendation
Recommendation Discover beautiful, flawless skin with Advanced Dermatology. Take advantage of Advanced Dermatology’s Special Introductory Offer. Receive $200 worth of products for $59.95. Visit their website to see if the offer is still available. Find Out More