Broken capillaries is a problem with the tiny blood vessels that become visible near the surface of the skin and usually appear as streaks or blotches. They are commonly known as spider veins because of their tree branch, or spider web-like, shape. Broken capillaries appear close to the skin surface and can be identified by their red or blue color.
A new product we recommend for broken capillaries on the face is Derm Innovations Broken Capillary Treatment. Developed by a leading dermatology practice so they know what works.
There are tiny and delicate veins just under the skin that are responsible for the blood circulation in the face. When the walls of these veins narrow and widen suddenly, breakage may occur. Some of these ruptured blood vessels cannot repair themselves or go back to their normal thickness without some kind of treatment. Spider veins can be found around the nose, cheeks and mouth, on the neck, as well as the upper chest and legs.
There are two types of broken blood vessels. The first kind is the fairly common bruising that takes the form of a purplish skin swelling. It is usually caused by some form of trauma to the skin and disappears in a couple of weeks without any treatment. The second is a blood spot that occurs just beneath the skin surface and looks like a red-colored spreading of cells. This can be caused by a number of factors, such as malnutrition, disease and other problems that traumatize the body and the immune system.
People with fair skin are more prone to having broken capillaries, or telangiectasia, than people with a dark or olive complexion. People with dry and dehydrated skin, as well as very sensitive skin, have thinner and less protected layers of tissue, thus making them more susceptible to this problem.
- Causes – There are several causes of broken capillaries.
- Trauma – Any form of trauma or injury to the skin can rupture blood vessels. Examples are wounds, skin surgery or intense cosmetic treatments. Pressure applied on your nose due to glasses can also be a contributing factor.
- Old age – As we become older, the collagen and elastin in our skin become weaker because they are not replenished as quickly. This, among other factors, causes the skin to become thinner and the veins are more noticeable. This also causes skin to lose flexibility and it gets bruised easily. Broken blood vessels are common in old age, however blood spots are not, and people of all age groups are equally vulnerable to them.
- Genetics – It is possible that, if your grandparents and parents have broken capillaries on face or arms, you may have them too. It is not certain that you’ll develop the problem, but your chances are higher.
- Hormones – People who are going through hormonal changes may experience spider veins as their body tries to adjust. This is the reason why broken capillaries on face and arms are more common in women than in men. Examples of periods of hormonal changes are puberty, pregnancy and menopause.
- Environment – Environmental factors like sunburns, windburns or extremely cold conditions can lead to broken capillaries. Sunlight is known to aggravate this problem, therefore always use sunscreen before going out in the sun. Also moving from one extreme temperature area to another in a short period of time can be a contributing factor. If change in temperature is the causing factor in your case, you should stay away from saunas or very hot showers.
- Medical conditions – Rosacea is a condition that makes the skin red and flushed. People who suffer from Rosacea tend to also suffer from broken capillaries on face and arms, especially around the nose and eye areas. Liver damage can also cause this condition.
There are several ingredients used in over-the-counter products that can be used to treat broken capillaries. A combination of ingredients in high concentrations is needed to effectively treat broken capillaries. If you’re worried about broken capillaries, you probably have fragile skin.
You should not scrub your face if you have broken blood vessel as it can cause them to spread. A salicylic acid based product can be used to remove dead cells. A dermatologist can suggest to you a treatment procedure that will work well for your situation, depending on the cause and extent of your broken capillaries.
Take a look at Derm Innovations Broken Capillary Treatment. A great treatment for broken capillaries.
Try the #1 highest rated skin care line of 2016 Discover beautiful, flawless skin with Advanced Dermatology. Take advantage of Advanced Dermatology’s Special Introductory Offer. Receive $200 worth of products for $59.95. Visit their website to see if the offer is still available. Find Out More