Few people are familiar with a plant extract from the nuts of the argan tree, and the benefits of argan oil for face and arms. There are uses of argan oil for face lotions, but the main use of this oil is in the pure form. Argan oil for face treatments that are available in a 100% pure form in stores usually contain vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids that help address certain skin problems like acne and dry skin.
How to use argan oil?
Argan oil for face treatments can be applied directly, like any other skin care product. However, it needs some preparation before application. Following the correct procedure increases the chances of receiving maximum use out of the oil.
The following procedure should be followed while applying argan oil for face treatment:
• Start by heating the argan oil until it is warm, but not too hot.
• Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry with a cloth until damp. It is important to remember that argan oil benefits are maximized when it is applied to damp, not dry skin.
• Take a few drops of argan oil and apply gently to the face and neck in circular motion. With moderate pressure, massage the areas that exhibit wrinkles and fine lines.
• Keep the argan oil on face and other treatment areas for a couple of minutes for the skin to absorb it and follow up with your usual skin care routine.
Benefits of argan oil for face:
• Skin moisturizer – Argan oil for face treatments contains an ingredient called sterolins. Sterolins can promote healthy skin cell metabolism and help your skin retain more moisture. Also,argan oil benefits skin health because it contains unsaturated fatty acids that help make the skin softer.
• Acne and acne scars – Since argan oil regulates the production of sebum, which causes acne, its use can help reduce further breakouts. The vitamin E present in the oil contains anti-oxidants that help remove damaged cells and help new ones grow, therefore fading acne scars.
• Anti-aging – When applied on face, the anti-oxidants in argan oil benefit skin health by preventing oxidative damage from environmental pollution and UV radiation. Tocopherols and fatty acids such as Linoleic acid present in the oil, fight free radicals and improve elasticity and cell strength of facial skin.
• Makeup remover – The oil can also act as a safe and effective makeup remover. Especially during the removal of eye makeup, such as liner and mascara, because it doesn’t hurt if it comes in direct contact with eyes.
Benefits of argan oil for different skin types
Dry skin – Argan oil benefits include helping those with oily skin by stimulating the skin’s ability to retain moisture. Apart from hydrating your skin, it can also reduce itching and flakiness. Dry skin doesn’t produce enough sebum and therefore cannot keep the skin moist. Argan oil works to balance the sebum production of the skin.
Sensitive skin – Since argan oil is 100% natural, it poses a lesser risk for sensitive skin, although you should always test out new products on a small patch of skin first, to make sure you are not allergic. It can help address skin problems, such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea that are commonly associated with this skin type. This healing property of the oil is due to anti-inflammatory agents like anti-oxidants and vitamin E.
Oily skin – Oily skin produces more sebum than necessary to compensate for the lack of moisture, therefore causing acne. Argan oil for face treatments can provide the required moisture for oily skin so that sebum production decreases.
Combination skin – Combination skin type is a symptom of a condition known as Seborrhea where some parts of the face, like nose and forehead are oily while the other parts are dry. Argan oil benefits skin by balancing the oil production and evening out the differences between the dry and oily areas of face.
When making a purchase, it is a good idea to stay away from impure argan oil because impurities can damage the skin. As you start using argan oil for face treatments, make sure to pay special attention to how your body reacts, as some people may develop an allergic reaction to the oil.